Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Use Your Imagination

 
This is my new track.
It was born out of a couple of chords I'd left in Cubasis which is where the whole track was built. I was (am) working on another track which still needs vocals so I was just filling time and experimenting.
The whole track was recorded, mixed and produced on my iPad. As with the other track I wanted to prove to myself that the apps on my iPad could do as good a job as FL Studio which is my DAW of choice. I think I've accomplished what I set out to do.
For those of you that are interested here's a rundown of the apps used:
 
Cubasis, Audiobus, Magellan, iElectribe, Addictive Synth, DM1, Voice Synth, NLog Pro and Audio Mastering to finish the track.
Mobile music making has come a long way and my iPad setup is now easily as powerful as my FL Studio and PC gear. It's nice to have both but at the moment the former is better simply because its so accessible.
 
Here's a link to the track.
http://soundcloud.com/mikistrange/use-your-imagination

 

No comments: