Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Here's some good news for a change. For one thing I don't have piles, that's a relief. It was some other thing that just clears itself up anyway so the panic is over.
Another piece of good news is that I now own a motorcycle. It's a Kawasaki AR 125 and it's my first bike for about 7 or 8 years. I've got some work to do on it and I'll need to spend some cash on stuff like a new front tyre and a helmet. I tried on my old leather jacket and it still fits so I haven't put on as much weight as I first thought.
Today I'm very hungover because I drank so much wine last night while watching TV, I still feel terrible. I wish I could just stop drinking. It's getting to be too much of a hastle the next day. The doc said I should give up smoking. It will apparently cost £25 and take 4 weeks. I told him I'm not ready yet but that I'll give up next year. I might give up this year when I get my annual winter cold and don't feel like smoking anyway.
It seems like the holiday to the Netherlands is in doubt. The timing for the return of university students and the trip has collided so it's not a good idea that I'm away. Who knows where we'll end up. I wouldn't mind saving some money and going in winter anyway. The heat in England at the moment is getting on my nerves. I am definitely not a sun worshiper.

No comments: