Sunday, February 07, 2010

Studio Time


This weekend has been all about rebuilding my studio.
The studio is nearly virtual. The heart is FL Studio which has most of the tools I need. I have a separate audio editor. For those that know I'm still using Cool Edit Pro, simply because it is excellent.
My external tools that attach me to FL Studio are my Evolution X-Session UC-17 MIDI control surface and my Zoom H4 which I use as an audio IO.

In order to get everything working this weekend I had to add a decent audio card to my PC and the Creative X-Fi Music is a super silent soundcard. I also replaced the RAM with a faster type and I upgraded the graphics card so that when everything is running in the studio I get smooth visual feedback of meters and stuff.

I also retraced my steps on a track I was working on before I lost all my work last time.

All in all an excellent and productive weekend. It's so good to be back in the studio.

No comments: