Friday, September 24, 2010

Scam D





Here is 'Scam D'.
The digital version of 'Scam A'. I spent two weeks on both tracks so it's a fair result either way. Had I not written 'Scam A' and gone through the process of doing things manually then this track could have been quite different. What I learned from writing this track is that planning and production rule in the digital world. In the analogue studio a lot was left to chance and that benefited the track. Here I wanted to calm my first version and I think I've managed to do that despite all the extra bells and whistles.
I'll leave it to you to decide which version you like best. As for me I loved the process involved in each and I've learned a lot by doing a side by side comparison. Maybe that's taken away a bit of soul from this track but having completed both I now know how to avoid mistakes I've made along the way.
Anyway, enjoy the track and comment should you feel the need. If you visit the Internet Archive then you can find all my music and best of all it's free to download.
You've got nothing to lose.

No comments: