Sunday, October 31, 2010

Time To Play


It began in London.
A friends birthday, well planned, well executed apart from one minor detail. Not the music itself, no, that was fine. It was just the way it was presented. Not good, no style, I thought, I can do better.
Indeed I can and have done better. A better set, a better constructed set.
My past was something to celebrate, not ignore. I'm the first in line that advocates that if you're good at something, shout about it. No-one is going to do it for you.
Since that time I've been thinking that maybe I should engage again. Feel the pulse, capture the imagination and the mood. The feeling was and is hard to escape. But why run? Why not engage?
So the decision has been made. I will return to the wheels of steel, albeit that they are now made of durable plastic.
I will DJ again. I shall teach the young bucks a thing or two about crowd control, about telling a story, about creating a beginning, a middle, an end.
I'm good at this 'musical soundtrack' stuff.
It's time I proved a point.
It's time to play.

1 comment:

The Suit said...

Great work sir

Hopefully I'll get a pass out from the boss and I'll be able to come down and have a listen!