Tuesday, December 04, 2012

My New Read




This is the book that I'm going to start tonight.
I had been reading Luke Rhinehart's "The Dice Man" but I found it incredibly dull. I can't for a moment think how it ever became a cult classic. Maybe you're supposed to read it while you're stoned or something. Personally I'd have better things to do if I was stoned. The idea is good and it starts out by trying to shock but from there on in I just felt that the ideas were running out.

So here I am. Back with Robert Harris. In my opinion every book of his that I've read has been fantastic. I read a couple of reviews of this book on Amazon which said that this wasn't up to scratch and a few more that said it was. Even if it's only half as good as the others it'll still be better than The Dice Man.

I'm sure ill let you know in due course.

No comments: