Saturday, June 01, 2013

Mostly Good

 
 
So first the bad news.
The cable seems to be omni which means it'll sent any MIDI data it gets and it seems to forget MIDI off notes. Ho hum, not the end of the world.
On the plus side I can send send QY100 patterns to the Yamaha MMS and record them which means that the whole QY100 pattern library is at my disposal as long as I send one channel at a time.
The fact that it works albeit in a limited capacity is a small miracle and the fact that with prudent usage it'll provide me with a library of styles is a major advantage. It means that the Yamaha MMS app just got a whole lot more interesting and as an iOS library that can power virtual MIDI apps its like having a huge download of styles on an arranger keyboard.
I'm in my element but there's a lot of work to do.
Viva production.
 

No comments: