Friday, November 06, 2015

In Need Of A Boost


I enjoy listening to my scanner but lately I haven't found many new channels.
I had a bit of a long shot idea to rectify this situation.

I've had a TV aerial booster lying around in a cupboard for a while. The frequency range it covers is quite wide so I thought why not try it between my discone antenna and the scanner. As I've said, it was a long shot but it was worth a go.

One newly soldered BNC cable later and I've got a 30-50% boost in existing signals and my next step is to scan for new frequencies to see what weak signals I can find, those that have eluded me before now.

I have another radio project to play with over the weekend and hopefully with some success I'll post here about that too.

In the meantime, back to the scanner.

No comments: