Sunday, January 17, 2016

In A Land Far Far Away


There's a bit of snow on the ground.
When I got up this morning there was snow on the long wires too but that's gone now.
Having finished my soldering, I'm making a data card for digital modes, there wasn't really much to do apart from turn on the radio and test my links from FLDigi and wsjtx to PSK Reporter. Everything is working just fine and as you can see from the map above I can hear quite a few stations. The furthest being in Asiatic Russia, some 2561 miles away. Not bad for a random long wire stretched across the garden.
If you're an SWL and listen to digital modes then the PSK Reporter site is of great interest once you've connected the above two pieces of software to the site. It's simplicity itself and quite exciting to find out just how far away those signals have travelled.
And all at the speed of light. Wow!

No comments: