Thursday, October 05, 2017

Starting Over


It's been a very long time since I've coded HTML.
So long that I cant remember most of it. The basic structure of a site remains in my head but the intricacies are gone. So I'm starting over again. I'm reading up on HTML5 and CSS. It's suprising what comes back. I'm only building a simple site, very simple in fact but I still want it to look, behave and feel right when it's online.
I've downloaded a few PDF's on the subject, there are lots of good free ones around.

When I first learned HTML many moons ago I hand coded in a text editor. I eventually moved to a piece of software that checked the syntax for me.
This time around I'm on Ubuntu Linux and I've chosen Bluefish. So far so good.
If you discover the new site one day I hope you'll appreciate that it was made properly. Even if the content doesn't interest you at all.
The content? That's another story.

No comments: