Monday, May 06, 2019

The Long Haul


Some tracks take a lot of writing.
The above is one of them.
My approach this time was to sit down with my keyboard and play it until I had enough parts to build a track. Once done I moved the chord progressions into Bitwig and got the sound right for an electric piano and a pad.
Since then I've added some drum sounds which I'm happy with and started adding variation to the drum parts.
The bass has been and gone as have other sections like an arpeggiator and melody, all of which will return in other guises.
The thing with this track is that it needs to morph and build and it's dictating what parts and sounds will come in at points along the path. It won't let me just add stuff and bring it in when I need it. It's going to take a long time.
Will it all be worth it in the end? I don't know. This track is steering me not vice versa.
I just hope it knows where it's going.

No comments: