Monday, January 11, 2010

The Secret Is Out


Giving up smoking is difficult.
I know, I've tried and failed.
I've tried this way and that way and I get get to about two weeks before I'm driving myself and everyone else crazy.
This time I thought I'd try something different. This time I would use tech. I've got a network of good friends on Twitter. I have an app to help me quit. I have a DVD to watch care of the NHS and support helplines aplenty should I feel like giving up on my quest.
I know it will be difficult, very difficult. But this time if I fail everyone will know. Not just those close to me.
So wish me luck. My first smoke free day is January 21st. No doubt all the trials and tribulations will be on here.
This time failure is a really public option.

2 comments:

ashley said...

Best of luck mate

MikiStrange said...

Thanks. I image I'll be making some music to stop me getting sidetracked. Tech and music tech or smoking? I think I'll go for the former. Much more productive.