Sunday, October 06, 2013

The Unplanned Weekend

 
This weekend started off with me waking up on Saturday and heading straight into a small job of making a table for a neighbour who wanted to sit in his chair and do the odd jigsaw puzzle. If you've ever seen Roald Dahl's shed you'll know the kind of thing.
The small job took me some three hours and because I'd spent time buying wood and stuff and then making the chair-table there was no time to get a few miles in on the Bianchi. Never mind there would always be Sunday. Saturday evening put a stop to any thoughts of a Sunday ride because by 8pm I had bought a tandem (above) and Sunday would be spent collecting it from Burton upon Trent.
By the time I'd got home with the tandem it was again too late for a ride but myself and the bear went around the block a couple of times on the new bike to bed it in a little.
As I've said in the title the weekend wasn't planned. The table job was arranged for me and the new bike was an out of the blue thing. Nevertheless I've enjoyed this weekend and I'm happy with the outcome.
I'm planning to get a few miles done next weekend.
We'll see.
 

No comments: