Saturday, July 13, 2019

Choices


I am on holiday for a week.
It's that time of year when my girlfriend decides that she's off abroad to hang out with friends. I was invited but I have a load of things that I want to do. Despite not going to work I will be working hard on personal stuff. I have a list of things to catch up on, I also have free time to wind down.

Tonight I have been working on MIDI hardware again. I know how it all works and what works with what and what doesn't work. That's one thing crossed off the list.
My software studio (DAW) has a major update so I'll be installing that at some point and getting to know the new features. That could take a while.
I have more LaTeX to learn so I want to speed that up and get ahead there.
I have also planned a 'Flaneur's Day Out'. I haven't had one of those in years so I'm looking forward to a day of mooching around and enjoying some wine and good food. As usual I'll be taking my Moleskine notebook to document the day but I might give Instagram Stories a go. I think I could make that work.
There are also a couple of airport taxi runs to do and other bits and bobs to fill my time.
I also hope to make this blog a bit busier over the week documenting the days so that when I'm back at work I can look back and know that I actually got stuff done. Holidays go too fast and before you know it you end up wondering what exactly you got up to.
By the way, the little mug in the picture above, and it is tiny, holds a decent shot of Scotch. I've allowed myself a second mug just because I am on holiday.
Well, it wouldn't be a proper holiday otherwise.

No comments: