Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sound Tracks


I'm writing a novel.
It's set in a flat I used to live in but the story is pure fiction. There are plenty of things I remember about the time I was there and a lot of small details about the place are creeping into the story. One detail I had forgotten was the album 'Disgraceful' by Dubstar. I played that tape a lot and it became the soundtrack to that particular period of my life. While crate digging today I found the album on CD, I didn't hesitate to buy it. By listening to it again after all these years two things have happened. One, I've enjoyed listening to the tracks again and I can see why I liked it the first time around. Two, it has teased out a few more memories which in turn will become details that are added to the book.
It was a good purchase and a useful one too.

No comments: