Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I Love Cartoons

I've loved cartoons of all kinds for as long as I can remember.
I grew up with Roadrunner and Tom & Jerry on a black and white TV. When I could read I got the Beano as a treat on a Saturday morning. As a teenager I watched as a new breed of cartoon started appearing. The first one I remember was Battle Of The Planets. In my later teen years I got into 2000AD and in particular Rogue Trooper.
One thing I do really like is Manga. I also like Anime but there is still something magical about single cells. While out and about I found a book sale and I got the above book at half price. I'm not about to try and launch into an illustration career but it's an interesting insight into the techniques of manga artists.
You never know, I might have a go.

No comments: