Sunday, October 17, 2010

Totally Addictive

I've just finished my second Robert Harris novel.
In fact I spent most of the weekend in bed doing nothing else but read it. Over the weekend I think I've read about 300 pages. I stopped on just three occasions, two showers and to eat something.
I think it's right that I shout heap praise on "The Ghost" and Robert Harris as an author. I thought "Fatherland" was brilliant but "The Ghost" was even better. I like Robert Harris' writing style, the plots never get tired and just when you think you have an idea of what's going on something happens to make you rethink.
Having read two books I now have a third "Archangel" in my shoulder bag that I'll start soon.
It's been a very long time since I've found an author that I'm addicted to. I think the last was Isaac Asimov and before that George Orwell. I might well go back to George Orwell after "Archangel" and before I start Robert Harris' Rome trilogy.
I have a lot of reading ahead and I'm really looking forward to it all.

No comments: