Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Getting On With It


Freedom.
It's a word that's been on my mind recently. After getting back from Europe and getting back to work I've been dissatisfied with my job.
Don't get me wrong. I like driving for a living and I like getting paid to do something I like but it's the same thing day in and day out. I like driving because I get to see what's going on in the world and despite everyone being poorer everything is the same as it ever was. That means the same opportunities and chances for anyone willing to go out and grab them. There might be less but the well isn't dry yet.
So what do I want to do more than driving? There is only one answer and that is to write. I love writing more than anything and I keep berating myself when I don't do it. Ive neglected this blog for weeks and that upsets me. I've neglected the novel for months and now it's time to get it finished.
Everything else can wait and one day it might just get me from behind the wheel.
I'll take that chance.

No comments: