Sunday, January 12, 2014

My Idle Life List

 
My constant companion starting this year is a book.
"The Book Of Idle Pleasures" by Dan Kieran and Tom Hodgkinson is an inspirational guide for the modern Flaneur. It gives one ideas for spending time doing not very much at all. All the activities are free and easy to complete. Rather than merely reading the book and imagining myself indulging in the tasks I've decided to get out there, at a moderate pace, and see if I can tick off all the pleasures before slipping off this mortal coil.
I'm not going to try to do this in a year or two, there's no rush.
The idea is to create an audio recording with a few details of how I've worked through each task and post the podcasts here. As I've said, there's no timeline. I'm looking forward to trying to complete all of the pleasures.
Slowly.
 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Book-Idle-Pleasures-Tom-Hodgkinson/dp/0091923328


 

No comments: