Saturday, April 02, 2016

Changes


I have a new phone.
For me this is something worth mentioning not least because my old iPhone 3GS served me well for 6 years. That's a long time in technology years.
I took my time choosing a new phone. There was a good reason to buy an iPhone because of the money I've spent on apps but the phone's really are just too expensive. While I'll admit my 3GS has been good value, the walled garden that is Apple has left me with a phone that is out of date and good for very little even though electronically it's in very good working order.
What I needed was something cheaper, up to date and was capable of running the few apps that I wanted to run on the phone.
The Moto G 3rd generation is what I went for and I'm pleased with my decision. While it's described as an 'entry level Android phone' to me it's light years ahead of the 3GS. It does everything I need it to and more and the switch from Apple to Android has been painless. Everything is different and the same. The learning curve isn't steep at all and after a week of use it's a very familiar device.
It's much the same as moving from Windows to Linux. There are things that are better and things that aren't so good but I'm very happy to work with what I've got.
I still have my iPad and the thought has crossed my mind, will I ditch Apple altogether when my iPad is near useless. Maybe, maybe not.
I'll decide when the time comes.

No comments: