Sunday, March 26, 2017

Stunned!


A few weeks ago my trusty Too Much Coffee Man mug retired with a broken handle. It had seen thousands of fills and enough caffeine to keep a city awake for a decade.
I tweeted the sad demise to Shannon Wheeler, the creator of TMCM, just in case he had ever wondered what happened to the mugs once he'd posted them. In all honesty I thought that would be the end of the story.
As you might have guessed by now it wasn't. I got a reply saying that if I paid postage Shannon would replace my mug. I was gobsmacked and of course I took him up on the offer. I received my parcel yesterday but I had to wait until today until I got home to open it up.
Inside was not only a shiny new mug but an original Too Much Coffee Man artwork, a book of Shannon Wheeler's Postage Stamp Funnies and a numbered and signed print.
I know I'm sitting here writing this but what can I say? I'm stunned, really stunned.
(Gets a bit gushy here.)
For the creator of my favourite comic strip to replace my mug is really kind, but to include the extra art is beyond generous. It really is. I'm grinning like an idiot and will be for the next week at least.
Thank you Shannon Wheeler. You really are the best.

No comments: