Sunday, September 13, 2020

Going Forward In Reverse


 

I've just installed Windows 10 on to one of my laptops.

Unfortunately it's come to a stage where I needed a Windows computer of some kind to install updates to a few devices. While Linux has served me extremely well over the last decade it's unfortunate that manufacturers don't consider it an option. A lot of software works under Wine on Linux but not quite everything. This new installation will help me to configure a few pieces of equipment and that's about all it will do.

Having said that, it will allow me to explore a few things that have passed me by and to reconnect with a few pieces of software that I haven't used in years. Tech old and new will pushed to its full potential. I have been meaning to update the code plug for my digital transceiver for a couple of years now which also means I have to relearn how to write a code plug.

That project can stay on the back-burner for now.

No comments: