Wednesday, August 31, 2011

On A Promise To Myself


This doesn't look exciting.
If you thought that you'd be wrong. I'm turning my drawing skills into cartooning and comics skills. It's going to be a long road especially as I have two characters in my head that need bringing to life.
So why the simple drawings? Well to start if I'm going to learn this art I need to start from scratch. The temptation is to jump ahead and start at a level I think I'm at rather than go back to school so to speak and in doing so knock a lot of old and bad habits out of myself. As you can probably tell I'm at level one but it's good fun. Even at this stage getting something right raises a satisfied smile.
I know this is going to take a year, maybe more and that it's going to be a lot of hard repetitive work but it's work I'm willing to do because this is what I've always wanted to do. I'm happy I've finally started.
I won't let myself down.
Ever again.

No comments: