Friday, February 12, 2016

The Joy Of Seq24


It's been a while since I wrote any music.

Last year I didn't write a single tune. Nothing. There was just no inspiration.
But inspiration is a strange thing. It can come from anywhere.
Last night I was mooching around the Linux Internet and came across an app called Seq24. It is at its heart a very simple sequencer in the mode of a loop machine. One can simply create loops and trigger them on and off. While very simple and intuitive it has a few nice tricks under the hood that makes it very accessible for either live shows or jamming a new idea. I'm using it for the latter.

There are plenty of decent getting started videos on YouTube so I'll let that be your starting point suffice to say it's very easy to get hooked and lose hours making music.
I for one am certainly inspired.

No comments: