Saturday, May 04, 2019

Circus




It's been 7 years since I uploaded a track to Archive.org.
It's also been the same amount of time that I have been without a studio. I'm glad to say that I'm back producing music once again under my artist name of AmpUT (amp you tee).
I don't think that my music style has changed that much in the years I've been away. I wrote quite a lot of music on an iPad about 4 or 5 years back. It seemed that a lot was happening on that platform and the quality of synths and tablet DAWs was and is very good. The problem is that it doesn't quite feel the same as a fully fledged music workspace where adding instruments, virtual or otherwise is as simple as hitting a button or plugging something in.
I made a multisample a couple of weeks ago and it took me me about an hour to faithfully recreate the sound from a hardware synth. I can also record bass and guitars just as quickly and multisample those if I need to. Maybe I'm becoming a bit old fashioned but it's the way I like to work and it's quick for me. I've been working that way for 30 years.
The track above is my latest work. It's called 'Circus' because I'm pulling words from John Le Carre novels at the moment and that one seemed to fit.
As always it's free to download from archive.org if you like it that much.
I hope you do.

No comments: