Sunday, May 12, 2019

The Music Jotter


I've been doing a lot of reading in the past 24 hours.
The printed manual that I got yesterday has been thumbed through and I have a work flow that incorporates the Korg Liverpool as a sound module in setups for my Yamaha QY sequencers and Bitwig Studio.
It's certainly not as straight forward as I'd have liked it to be but it's easy enough. I just have to think ahead. I won't bore you with the details.
Having worked it all out I'm free to write tracks from a variety of sources. The QY10 above is set up for "pick up and play" and is totally portable. I just need to carry it around a little more often. I also have my phone for jotting down musical ideas and that's pretty much always with me so my cheap Sony headphones also need to be in my rucksack on a permanent basis.
One thing that inspires musical ideas is to listen to other peoples music. In all honesty I don't do enough of that. I've used the stereo in my truck for catching up on podcasts which is a good thing but I need to break that up with a few albums.
It may sound strange but I need to draw more. I zone out with a pencil and paper, it calms my thoughts enough to let me concentrate on one thing at a time.
My head is probably full of ideas. I just need to filter out the noise.

No comments: