Tuesday, April 25, 2023

A Little Too Much

The top half of the front cover of the book GNU Emacs

It's said that too much of something can be a bad thing.

That's certainly the case with me these days with regard to reading manuals.
I seem to spend more time reading about things than actually using them. There was a time not so long ago that I would simply jump in and read the manual when I got stuck.
This morning I remedied the over-reading situation and got back into Emacs. I've used it briefly before but whatever I had learned in the past had long since been forgotten. Instead of flicking through pages and pages of stuff I really don't need to know I messed around and added both the Melpa directory and a couple of Major Modes that I intend to use.

I have decided that the new space in my head can be filled with learning Emacs and trying to stay in that environment to complete other work. The idea being that it will do away with various other pieces of software that I use for individual tasks. I really could do with slimming down my software which in turn removes distractions and leaves me no option but to get on with things that need doing.
 

No comments: